September 12, 2020
Nut Butter Snails & Caterpillars
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Woman´s Day.
Get creative with your kids in the kitchen making these adorable snacks.
There are many ingredients that can be used. Below are some ideas. We used almond butter for the fruits and sunflower butter for the savory ingredients but you can choose your favorite nut or seed butter!
For snails & caterpillars
- Celery stalks
- 1/2 cup of any nut or seed butter made with the NutraMilk
- Orange, sliced
- Kiwi, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Cucumber, sliced
- Candy eyes
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter:
- ** You don’t want the almond butter too creamy otherwise it won´t hold up, so stop the nut butter when the consistency is not too creamy. Take out enough for this recipe and then if you want the remaining nut butter really creamy, set it for a few additional minutes.
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 10-11 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Cut each celery rib into thirds. Fill centers with the nut butter of choice.
- For the body of snail and caterpillars: Use different fruits or veggies. You can also use nut butter rolled in to a ball for the heads.
- For the eyes: you can use candy eyes, chocolate chips or another ingredient around your house that you can be cut into circles. Use some of the almond butter so it sticks.
- For the antennae: cut a thin part of the celery rib.
- Have fun, get creative. Enjoy it!