April 06, 2023
Homemade Baby/Kid Food Pouches Cashew, Apple, Broccoli
So many combinations of fruits and veggies to make baby purees. We love adding fresh nut butters to make them a nourishing, nutrient-dense meal. Especially helpful for babies that are having a hard time gaining weight.
This simple recipe has just broccoli plus apples and cashew butter which naturally sweeten and help hide the bitter flavor of broccoli.
We love these earthy reusable food pouches for baby recipes and smoothies for kids. Making your own baby food is not only much healthier for your baby but also for the planet.
Contribute to reducing packaging by making your own and using reusable packaging!
For baby puree
- 3 apples, peeled
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp. cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making cashew butter if you don’t have a batch made.
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter. Set aside.
- Steam apples and broccoli until tender.
- Add all ingredients to the NutraMilk and process until smooth.
- Fill your reusable baby food pouches or serve in plate.