March 31, 2023
Cashew Blueberry Oatmeal Baby Cereal
Boost basic baby oatmeal cereal with blueberries and homemade cashew butter for a tasty and nutrient dense meal. Oatmeal is high in soluble fiber which aids digestion; blueberries are high in vitamin C and various antioxidants; and cashew butter is loaded with beneficial nutrients such as heart-healthy fats, fiber, zinc, copper, antioxidants, etc.
For baby cereal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk or other plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1/4 cup blueberries fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter made with the NutraMilk
For cashew butter
- 2 cups (300g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making cashew butter if you don’t have a batch made.
- Place cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon for recipes and store the rest for later use.
- Bring milk to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Stir in oats, reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 15-25 minutes or until oats are of desired texture. You can also use quick oats for a faster recipe.
- Add cooked oats, blueberries and cashew butter to the NutraMilk and process until smooth. Enjoy!