By Florencia Tagliavani – NutraMilk Nutritionist
Sweet & Sour Gooseberry Almond Milk – A powerfully nutritious combination of almonds and gooseberries are sure to give your health a boost. Almonds are one of the most nutrient-dense nuts that provide good plant-based protein, heart healthy fats and are an excellent source of Vitamin E & B vitamins.
Gooseberries are a dried tart berry also known as golden berries. One of the most important medicinal plants of Ayurvedic medicine, used to cure many conditions, gooseberries are known for their rich antioxidant & vitamin C content. The combination of the minerals and other nutrients found in both of these foods makes this beverage a great anti-inflammatory elixir which may help prevent chronic disease, keep the heart, muscles, and nerves healthy & promote healthy skin and hair.
- A good source of magnesium, manganese, cooper, potassium & phosphorus.
- A good source of Vitamin E, C and several B vitamins.
- A rich source of antioxidants (Flavones and anthocyanins).
- Contains heart healthy fats & is a source of plant based protein.
Health benefits associated:
- Regulation of muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels and blood pressure.
- Protection of cells from damage and promotion healthy skin and hair.
- Cholesterol & blood pressure lowering effects promote a healthy heart.
- Beneficial effects against cancer, aging, inflammation, and neurological diseases.
This truly nutritious recipe for Sweet & Sour Gooseberry Almond Milk packs a powerful health punch.
With 31% daily value of vitamin E, 17% DV of vitamin C in just one glass as well as many other vitamins & minerals, antioxidants and heart healthy fats, this recipe helps give your skin and hair a healthy glow and fight oxidative stress & inflammation – the root cause of most chronic disease.
RECIPE – Sweet & Sour Gooseberry Almond Milk
Yield: 1 quart (4 cups / 946 mL)
- 1 cup almonds (150 g)
- 1 quart water (946 mL)
- 1 cup dried gooseberries (140 g)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Place almonds, gooseberries, and honey in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change this default time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
Scoop out the yummy leftover bits from the bottom of the NutraMilk container!
From 200 DELICIOUS & HEALTHY RECIPES for your NutraMilk from Nuts, Seeds, Grains & More by Rita Rivera