Simple Sunflower Butter
Gluten free/Dairy free/Cholesterol free/Preservative free/Low in sugar/Low in saturated fat/Vegan/Paleo/Raw
Sunflower butter will surprise you!
Sunflower butter a good alternative to the classic peanut butter, probably the most similar in taste and a great heart-healthy choice. Sunflower seeds are concentrated sources of fiber, antioxidants, phytosterols, heart-healthy fats, plant-protein and especially selenium, vitamin E & B-complex vitamins. One serving (2 tbsp.) contains 32% DV* of thiamin, 18% of folate, 38% of vitamin E, 13% of niacin, 22% of vitamin B6, 26% of magnesium & 21% of phosphorus. That´s a whole lot of nutrition in just one serving!
Yield: Approximately 1-1/4 cups / 284 g
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds (270 g)
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Place sunflower seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 14-15 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If desired, set Butter cycle for an additional 2-3 minutes for a creamier butter.
From 200 DELICIOUS & HEALTHY RECIPES for your NutraMilk from Nuts, Seeds, Grains & More by Rita Rivera
*%DV: Percent Daily Value (DV) references how much a certain nutrient contributes in one serving of food in relation to the daily requirement