Simple Raw Pecan Butter
Pecans contain vitamin E, carotenoids and ellagic acid that work synergistically to remove free radicals from the body, thus protecting us from heart disease, cancers, Alzheimer’s and infections. This makes them one of the most antioxidant rich nuts! Also a good source of phytosterols which are associated with cholesterol lowering effects, thus lowering even more the risk of heart disease and other nutrients such are fiber, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals.
Pecan butter is a good source of macro and micronutrients, including:
- Heat-healthy fats
- Antioxidant flavonoids
Pecan Butter Health Benefits Associated:
- Promotes a healthy heart
- Provides cholesterol lowering effects
- Helps protect body from cancers, Alzheimer’s and infections.
Add pecan butter to your diet and enjoy the sweet and rich flavor plus all the health benefits!
Try roasted pecan butter as well!
Yields approximately 1 1/4 cups/284 g
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Place pecans and salt in the NutraMilk container
- Press Butter cycle, set for 3-4 minutes
- Press Start
- Open the container if necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
From 200 DELICIOUS & HEALTHY RECIPES for your NutraMilk from Nuts, Seeds, Grains & More by Rita Rivera
*%DV: Percent Daily Value (DV) references how much a certain nutrient contributes in one serving of food in relation to the daily requirement.