Simple Almond Butter
Almonds are a powerhouse of a variety of nutrients that supports overall health. Ounce for ounce, almonds are one of the most nutrient-dense nuts on earth. Compared to other tree nuts, almonds are highest in fiber, protein, calcium, riboflavin, niacin and vitamin E. Just one serving provides 28% DV* of vitamin E. This is an antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage and promotes healthy skin and hair. Their high fiber content supports the digestive tract and promotes a feeling of satiety and fullness making them a great addition to weight management diets and to control diabetes. In fact, research shows that 20-25% fewer calories are absorbed than what is listed on the nutrition label. Another plus!
This butter is a good source of macro and micronutrients including:
- Plant protein
- Heart healthy fats
- Vitamin E
Associated health benefits of Almond Butter include:
- promotes healthy skin and hair
- promote a healthy heart
- Supports muscle & nerve function
- Benefits blood pressure control
- Protects against disease and premature aging
Yield: Approximately 1-1/4 cups / 284 g
- 2 cups raw almonds (300 g)
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Place almonds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If desired, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
From 200 DELICIOUS & HEALTHY RECIPES for your NutraMilk from Nuts, Seeds, Grains & More by Rita Rivera
*%DV: Percent Daily Value (DV) references how much a certain nutrient contributes in one serving of food in relation to the daily requirement.