Hazelnut Orange Raspberry Smoothie
It’s Smoothie Time!
Using nut milks as a smoothie base adds heart-healthy fats, plant protein, and fiber (which will satiate you, helping you feel full for longer), and maintain stable blood sugar levels despite the fruits and natural sweeteners being used. Plus, you get so many vitamins,
minerals, and antioxidants! Hazelnuts are a good source of vitamin E – this a powerful antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage, fights disease by reducing inflammation and promotes healthy skin and hair. They are also rich in copper which plays a role in bone formation, making red blood cells and maintaining nerve cells and the immune system property working. These nuts are also a good source of folate and other vital nutrients.
Bananas add potassium which helps the body regulate fluid, send nerve signals, and regulate muscle contractions. Raspberries are a good source of vitamin C and have high antioxidant power with anti-aging properties. Medjool dates are a healthier alternative to sugar as they contain many nutrients and have a milder effect on blood sugar levels. Who would have thought there is so much involved in this smoothie? When you eat healthy ingredients each one plays a part in maintaining and promoting health and well-being!
Yield: 1 quart (4 cups / 946 mL)
- 3 cups Simple Hazelnut Milk (710 mL)
- 1 cup banana (200 g) (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup raspberries (125 g) (fresh or frozen)
- 3 Tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 medium to large pitted Medjool dates
- Place banana, raspberries, and dates in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes (depending on fresh or frozen).
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add the Simple Hazelnut Milk and orange juice concentrate. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and remove spigot to fill your storage container.
- Scoop the yummy bits of fruit left in the container and add to your smoothie if desired.