Yield: Approximately 2½ cups (310 g)
- 5 cups cubed eggplant (350 g)
- 2 medium-sized red bell peppers
- ½ cup pine nuts (65g)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil (15g)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Italian spice blend
- ¼ teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
- black pepper to taste
Peel and cube the eggplant, and drizzle with olive oil. Place in 325°F (163° C) oven for 25-30 minutes, turning the eggplant at 10-minute intervals. Bake until tender.
- Red Peppers:
Place whole red peppers under the broiler. Keep turning them until the skin gets charred. After all sides of the peppers are charred, put them in a dish to cool. Remove the charred skin.
- Place all ingredients in the NutraMilk container.
- Press the Butter cycle, set for one minute, and run for 10-15 seconds.
- If there is any liquid in the base of the NutraMilk container, remove spigot and pour the juice into the mixture.
This is great on crackers, in an avocado boat, spread on bread with fresh tomato, or as a topping on your pasta! Garnish with olive oil and chopped black olives.
From 200 DELICIOUS & HEALTHY RECIPES for your NutraMilk from Nuts, Seeds, Grains & More by Rita Rivera