Date Oat Milk Porridge
Recipe and images by NutraMilk Nutritionist Florencia Tagliavini.
Date oat milk (yields 1 quart /4 cups / 946 mL)
- 1 cup (107g) oats
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 3 medium to large pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 cups fresh oat milk made with the NutraMilk
- pinch of salt
- Handful strawberries, sliced
- Handful blueberries, sliced (or whatever fresh fruit you have on hand)
- 1 tablespoon walnut butter or any other nut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Maple syrup or honey (optional)
Making Oat Milk
- Start by making fresh oat milk with the NutraMilk:
- Allow oats to soak for 30 minutes to 1 hour before preparing your oat milk.
- Drain oats.
- Place oats and dates in NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for I minute.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add the water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change this default time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Place the oats, oat milk and pinch of salt in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Bring to a steady simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring as often as you can to give you a smooth creamy porridge – if you like your porridge runnier, simply add a splash more milk or water until you’ve got the consistency you like.
- The options for toppings are endless from a combination of fresh to dried fruits, nuts and seeds, nut butters, sweets, superfood powders, etc.