This almond milk provides the nutrition of 30 almonds per glass! Add some goji berries which are concentrated sources of vitamins A & C as well as different types of antioxidants and some cranberries for flavor and you have a super tasty and nourishing plant-based milk.
Just one 8 oz. glass is a good source of minerals such as magnesium & phosphorus which help to build strong bones & teeth and are needed for normal nerve and muscle function. Also an excellent source of vitamin A (56% DV) & Vitamin E (31% DV). Both are fat-soluble vitamins, meaning they require fat to be properly absorbed so with the heart healthy fats that come from the almonds, these vitamins are readily available for absorption, making sure you get the benefits of healthy eyes and skin from the vitamin A and the immune boosting and antioxidant effects from vitamin E.
Choose unsweetened cranberries and this recipe is gluten free, Paleo, Whole 30, Vegan, Mediterranean, and Raw foods diet friendly.
If you desire a milk with less calories – use 1.5 cups of almonds to 2 quarts of water and get 21 almonds per glass, the recommended 1 once serving per day. This plant-based milk is a good source of macro and micronutrients, including:
- Plant-based protein
- Healthy polyunsaturated fats
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Promotes healthy skin, hair & eyes.
- Supports nerve & muscle function.
- Helps in the formation of healthy bones & teeth.
- Has anti-inflammatory effects which help protect cells from damage of free radicals.
Yield: 1 quart (4 cups / 946 mL)
- 1 cup almonds (150 g)
- 1 quart water (946 mL)
- ½ cup goji berries (42 g)
- ½ cup dried cranberries (63 g)
- Place almonds, goji berries, and cranberries in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change this default time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
From 200 DELICIOUS & HEALTHY RECIPES for your NutraMilk from Nuts, Seeds, Grains & More by Rita Rivera