Cashew Orange Apricot Rice Milk
If you’d like to try a new type of rice milk, you’ll love this creamy sweet recipe!
The cashews add some protein and heart-healthy fats that will help stabilize sugar levels that otherwise could rise & drop quickly with simple rice milk and will also keep you feeling full for longer. The orange juice provides 22% DV* of vitamin C in just one cup. The apricots contribute 10% DV* of vitamin A, two vitamins that are essential for a strong immune system. Plus, this blend of ingredients is a also a good source of copper, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus.
Rice milk is the least allergenic of the plant-based milks so especially if you are lactose intolerant or have an allergy to cows milk or soy you can enjoy this delicious plant-based milk as a treat.
%DV: Percent Daily Value (DV) references how much a certain nutrient contributes in one serving of food in relation to the daily requirement.
Yield: 1 quart (4 cups / 946 mL)
- 2/3 cup cooked white rice (90 g)
- 1 quart water (946 mL)
- ½ cup cashews (75 g)
- 1/3 cup dried diced apricots (57 g)
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1½-2 Tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Place all ingredients (except the water and orange juice concentrate) in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 3 minutes.
- Open the container lid, add the water and orange juice concentrate. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press start and open the spigot to fill your storage container.
- If necessary, once the milk has been dispensed, use a spatula to scrape down the
inside of the NutraMIlk container and clear the mesh filters. Run the Dispense
From 200 DELICIOUS & HEALTHY RECIPES for your NutraMilk from Nuts, Seeds, Grains & More by Rita Rivera