Cashew Cream Of Mushroom Soup
Recipe and images by NutraMilk Nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Enjoy this super creamy and flavorful soup that actually has no cream but instead healthy ingredients. It´s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and full of nutritional goodies such as heart-healthy fats, protein, antioxidants, zinc, copper and a load more vitamins and minerals. Enjoy as an appetizer, main course or as a sauce for pretty much any other dish.
- 1 cup (150g) cashews for cashew milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 quart water (946ml) for cashew milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1lb fresh mushrooms of choice, sliced
- 1/2 onions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 cup fresh cashew milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by making fresh cashew milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and sauté onions and garlic and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook for about 5-6 minutes until they have released their juices and are just starting to brown.
- Add cashew milk, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, thyme, salt and pepper and stir until combined. Bring mixture to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 40 minutes until soup thickens.
- Remove from heat and serve. You can also use this cashew cream of mushroom as a sauce for another dish and you can also blend to get a smooth and creamy consistency if you prefer.